When it comes to procedures for weight loss, the ORBERA® Gastric Balloon is a twelve-month journey, and getting the most out of this system means having a team devoted to your success.
If ORBERA® is right for you, our group helps you use it to change your eating behaviors, and sustain that progress long after the balloon is removed.
ORBERA® can help you lose three times the weight of diet and exercise.
But the real results happen when you understand it’s not a shortcut, that it’s a tool for learning how to take control.
HOW ORBERA® WORKS
A deflated balloon is inserted into your stomach and then it is filled to the size of a grapefruit. The entire process usually takes 20 minutes and most people go home hours later.
“Before, I would eat until I was stuffed, but now I can tell the difference between being satisfied and being overly full.”
ORBERA® is a tool for taking control of the way you eat.
ARE YOU a Candidate for ORBERA®?
Having a weight loss coach is helpful, but only a physician can tell you whether or not ORBERA® is right for you, that’s why a consultation is so important. But if you’ve tried diet and exercise without success, ORBERA® might be the tool for taking control of your eating behavior.
Invest in proven weight loss
ORBERA® is not covered by insurance, however, we do offer financing. This includes your balloon insertion and removal, several appointments with our specialists, along with diet and exercise counseling with our nutritionist. Remember, we’re in this together.
KEEPING THE WEIGHT OFF
The Aftercare Program is part of the unique ORBERA® 2-Part Program that combines the 6 month placement of the gastric balloon with a 12-month coaching program. The complete ORBERA® Aftercare Program includes the following items to assist you with adjusting to your new and improved lifestyle:
- 1:1 sessions with our registered San Diego Dietitian
- Group sessions
- Physician visibility of progress
- 100’s of ORBERA® appropriate recipes
- Mobile Apps: iOS and Android
- Unique picture based food diary
Important ORBERA® Intragastric Balloon System Safety Information
- The ORBERA® Intragastric Balloon System is a weight loss aid for adults suffering from obesity, with a body mass index (BMI) ≥30 and ≤40 kg/m2, who have tried other weight loss programs, such as following supervised diet, exercise, and behavior modification programs, but who were unable to lose weight and keep it off.
- To receive ORBERA® you must be willing to also follow a 12-month program, beginning with the placement of ORBERA® and continuing for 6 months after, that includes a healthy diet and exercise plan. If the diet and exercise program is not followed, you will not experience significant weight loss results; in fact, you may not experience any weight loss.
- Losing weight and keeping it off is not easy, so you will be supervised throughout this program by a team of physicians, physiologists, and nutritionists. This team will help you make and maintain major changes in your eating and exercise habits.
- ORBERA® is placed for no more than six months. Any time that the balloon is in the stomach for longer than six months puts you at risk for complications, such as bowel obstruction, which can be fatal.
- Some patients are ineligible to receive ORBERA®. Your doctor will ask you about your medical history and will also perform a physical examination to determine your eligibility for the device. Additionally, at the time of placement, the doctor may identify internal factors, such as stomach irritation or ulcers, which may prevent you from receiving ORBERA®.
- You must not receive ORBERA® if you are pregnant, a woman planning to become pregnant within six months’ time, or breast-feeding.
- Complications that may result from the use of ORBERA® include the risks associated with any endoscopic procedure and those associated with the medications and methods used in this procedure, as well as your ability to tolerate a foreign object placed in your stomach. Possible complications include: partial or complete blockage of the bowel by the balloon, insufficient or no weight loss, adverse health consequences resulting from weight loss, stomach discomfort, continuing nausea and vomiting, abdominal or back pain, acid reflux, influence on digestion of food, blockage of food entering the stomach, bacterial growth in the fluid filling the balloon which can lead to balloon inflation and infection, injury to and/or perforation of the lining of the digestive tract, stomach or esophagus, aspiration of stomach contents into the lungs, and balloon deflation.
Important: For full safety information please visit orbera.com/DFU, talk with your doctor, or call Apollo Customer Support at 1-855-MYORBERA.
CAUTION: Rx only. © 2018 Apollo Endosurgery, Inc. All rights reserved. Any third-party trademarks used herein are the property of their respective owners. References: 1. Directions For Use (DFU). ORBERA® Intragastric Balloon System (ORBERA®). Austin, TX: Apollo Endosurgery, Inc. Reference information on file: MKT-00632-00 & MKT-01290-00 * Results are from individual customer testimonials and your results may vary.
Learn More About Weight Loss Tips And Treatments
Patient Education: Procedures for Weight Loss (The Basics)
Patient Education: Procedures for Weight Loss & Surgery (Beyond the Basics)
Obesity in Adults: Behavioral Therapy & Weight Loss Clinics
Patient Education: Health Risks of Obesity & Weight Loss Tips (The Basics)
Gastro SB Weight Loss Clinic: Medications Used for Weight Loss
Weight Loss Tips and Medications
Obesity In Adults Dietary Therapy And Weight Loss Coaches
Diet Health And Meal Planning Tips The Basics
Weight Loss Tips And Treatments The Basics
Weight Loss Clinic 5 Tips From Our Registered San Deigo Dietitian
Weight Loss Medications